The Microsoft Enterprise Project Management (EPM) 2010 Solution is a flexible, end-to-end Project Portfolio Management platform, used by organizations across many industries to automate primary PPM processes. The EPM Solution helps organizations achieve the following business imperatives:
- Intuitively capture all requests in a central repository, and manage them using governance workflow: Demand Management
- Objectively prioritize, optimize, and select project portfolios that best align with the organization’s business strategy: Portfolio Selection and Analytics
- Proactively and reactively manage resources throughout the project life cycle: Resource Management
- Easily create and communicate both simple and complex project schedules:Schedule Management
- Control and measure project and portfolio financial performance:Financial Management
- Simplify the collection of time and task status updates from team members: Time and Task Management
- Better connect different teams to share information and drive collaboration:Team Collaboration
- Identify, reduce, and communicate issues and risks that could adversely affect project success:Issues and Risk Management
- Effectively measure project performance and gain visibility and control across all portfolios:Business Intelligence and Reporting
- Initiate, plan, and deliver strategic programs: Program Management
The Microsoft EPM Solution includes the following products from the Microsoft Project 2010 family, to provide a comprehensive computer- and Web-based PPM solution
- Microsoft Project Server 2010: Project Server 2010 brings together the business collaboration platform services of SharePoint Server 2010 with structured execution capabilities to provide flexible work management solutions. Project Server 2010 unifies project and portfolio management to help organizations align resources and investments with business priorities, gain control across all kinds of work, and visualize performance using powerful dashboards. Project Server 2010 incorporates the best-in-class portfolio management techniques of Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server 2007. This eliminates the need for Project Server Gateway (which was required to push data between Office Project Portfolio Server 2007 and Microsoft Office Project Server 2007), and providing a consistent SharePoint Server user interface across the solution.
- Microsoft Project Professional 2010: Microsoft Project Professional 2010 delivers powerful, visually improved ways to simplify planning, collaboration, and resource management so managers can successfully tackle all kinds of projects. Connecting Project Professional 2010 with Project Server 2010 ensures that organizations can achieve the added business benefits of unified Project Portfolio Management.